And…Done!

23 Jun

Emily and I both promise longer post-trail posts soon, but we just wanted to let everyone know that we completed the Appalachian Trail on June 22, 2013 at 11:00am surrounded by our families and friends. It was emotional and wonderful and maybe a little bit sad too. Here are a few pics (to be followed by many more!)

20130623-184020.jpg

20130623-184034.jpg

20130623-184046.jpg

20130623-184054.jpg

20130623-184112.jpg

20130623-184122.jpg

20130623-185709.jpg

10 Responses to “And…Done!”

1. Gail Gibson June 23, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

Congratulations!!!!! It’s been great following your journey. Hope to follow the next one, too.

• jen June 25, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Thanks Gail! You have no idea how many times we told the story of our wonderful vet angels in Maine. Your kindness will never be forgotten- you all are amazing! I hope this 31st year of practice is going well!

2. southside June 24, 2013 at 1:56 pm #

Congrats!! I knew you two would finish, was Bear there with you. It sure looked liked you had fun did you like hiking the south, looking forward to your wrap up.Whats your next adventure. Again all the best …………southside

• jen June 25, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

Southside! It is great to hear from you! Did you notice that your poles made it all the way to Springer? They were wonderful trail magic- thanks again! Yes, Bear made it the whole way, but won’t be able to come on the PCT next year because of all the dog restrictions. For now he is getting lots of rest! I hope you are doing well an that ticker of yours is healthier than ever!

• southside July 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

PCT awesome, and i did notice the poles glad someone could use them. You 2 are hardcore, keep hiking…………southside

3. Queen June 24, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

Congrats! Was great meeting y’all at Gooch Mt shelter. Good times! Please remember the request for no pix! 🙂 We will be folliwing your PCT adventures when you take it on. Stay in touch!

• Queen June 24, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

One more thing… Bandanas rule!!!

• jen June 25, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

The Queen! I’m so glad you wrote. It was wonderful to get to meet you and Elvis. You all provided endless hours of entertainment. I don’t know how you guys do anything but laugh all day long! Let us know where basecamp is next- we need to be there!

4. Elvis June 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

Again, congratulations, ladies. Enjoyed the night at Gooch Mtn with you. I’m recommending that before you go west to do the PCT you read Keith Foskett’s book, The Last Englishman. It’s a classic that puts into words most of what we’re all thinking when we’re on the trail. Keep blogging and may we’ll catch up with you again someday. In the meantime, happy nursing!

5. Gilligan July 15, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

Lucky and Carrot (& Bear)

Congratulations on topping Springer and finishing your journey! It was wonderful to meet you guys so near completion at Gooch mountain shelter. I surpassed my summer goal mileage wise and have really proven to myself I can section hike this thing. It was such an inspiration to talk with you guys and having met you helped me to push myself. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
    Gilligan (ie that guy taking up the entire balcony of the shelter in his hammock – Elvis & Queen helped me come up with a good trail name before we parted ways).